Problems with GnuCash 2.4.7 - Snow Leopard and Lion

angrest angrest at gmx.net
Sat Aug 27 15:06:18 EDT 2011

When 2.4.7 was introduced, I had problems to upgrade from 2.4.6.
A message window pops up:
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n3773463/Ohne_Titel.jpg
And a second window, which has the focus, says that the presets could not be
found and offers either to open "Help", "Quit", "Skip" or "Create"
(translated, I use german locale). If I "Skip", I can then check the
"Details" in the first dialog:

Googling for this error message, I find an old bug for gnucash 2.2.7 which
is already closed (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/16755).

When I go past this, I can open my data file, but while loading, gnu cash
will crash.

I downgraded to 2.4.6, but now, with Lion, the old version no longer works
and I am forced to upgrade (currently installed 2.4.7 Beta2).

Does anybody else see a similar problem? Any Ideas where to start a deeper
analysis?