edit gnucash file in ubuntu

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Aug 30 16:54:35 EDT 2011

On dinsdag 30 augustus 2011, Harold wrote:
> OK, probably elementary questions....
> What is a backend?
>
> How do I find out which backend I am using?
>
> BTW. Looking at the type file in Nautilus, it says it is Gzip.
> The archive manager for Ubuntu Gnome is File Roller.
It's possible File Roller won't unzip the file because it's not using the .gz
extension. I know the gzip tool itself is pretty picky about this (to prevent
you from accidentally overwriting the original file).

If you give your data file a .gz extension, will File Roller then unzip it for
you ?

Geert