Scheduled Transactions Question

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 15:42:14 EDT 2011

That is one way to handle it, for sure. I was trying to have a single scheduled transaction for "The Mortgage Payment," ideally entered as a single split transaction, since this is how the bank takes it from my account. It's like when I go to an ATM that charges me a transaction fee. I enter "Got Cash" in Gnucash, with $102 taken from my checking account, a $100 split for Cash in Wallet, and a $2 split for the Transaction Fee. I'd expect to be able to do that in the scheduled transaction.

Of course, I could continue to do what I have been doing, which is to go back in and manually add the transaction fee split and change the total amount, but that would seemingly defeat some of the purpose of having a scheduled transaction in the first place (i.e., to predict as accurately as possible future expenditures).

Thanks,
David