Problems with get quotes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Dec 4 16:54:19 EST 2011

On Dec 4, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Devin Theriot-Orr wrote:

> I am having trouble with the get updates function for price quotes.
> I am running Ubuntu Lucid 64 bit, and have updated to gnucash 2.4.7
> built from rb5bdf19+.
>
> It used to work and I didn't make any changes that I am aware of, It
> last pulled quotes on 10/14/2011.
>
> Per the FAQ, I tried the following:
>
> # gnc-fq-update
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.20)
> Going to read '/home/sunbird/.cpan/Metadata'
>  Database was generated on Sun, 04 Dec 2011 18:27:18 GMT
> LWP is up to date (6.03).
> Date::Manip is up to date (6.25).
> HTML::Parser is up to date (3.69).
> HTML::TableExtract is up to date (2.11).
> Crypt::SSLeay is up to date (0.58).
> Finance::Quote is up to date (1.17).
>
> I've tried updating with the file open from the Price menu and I get
> "Unable to receive price quotes." Similarly, if I run it with the
> file closed from the command line, I get this:
>
> $ gnucash --debug --add-price-quotes=PATH/TO/FILENAME
> gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
> configure time.
>
> Found Finance::Quote version 1.17
> $
>
> But loading the file shows that the quotes have not updated. I
> looked in /tmp/gnucash.trace but didn't see anything relevant
> (although I may not be looking for the right things.)

What results do you get when you do steps 2 and 3 of
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_fix_a_system_error_when_getting_stock_quotes.3F

If those both return satisfactory results, run gnucash --debug --add-price-quotes again, zip up the tracefile, and attach it to your reply. Perhaps someone else can find what's failing.

Regards,
John Ralls