will you help, please

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 00:54:17 EST 2011

Betty--

If you download the disk image (dmg) file for Gnucash under Lion (see http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gnucash/Gnucash-Intel-2.4.8.dmg) and open it, you should see a Read Me file, which explains:

"To install Gnucash, open the disk image file you downloaded
and simply drag Gnucash from there to the Applications folder (or
anywhere else you like)."

Once you have done this, double-clicking on the Gnucash.app icon (in the Applications folder) should start up Gnucash. Once you have created and saved a file, Gnucash will by default start up with that file each time.

I do not know what you mean when you say you went "to Apple personal project." Could you explain more clearly?

I do not know what you are talking about with being "swamped with icons on [your] desktop"; Gnucash doesn't put things there generally speaking. So, you'll need to explain just what you're seeing, and what you've been doing.

Cheers,
David