imported bank file messing my account balance up. how to get rid of?

joulian nextstarnexus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:14:49 EST 2011

First post, allow me to introduce myself  as the least likely person to ever
be an accountant.

Ok I have downloaded an OFX file for import purposes for the entire year to
get GNU cash going.

Whats happening is I have all my categories completed. For example Fuel in
the Expense:auto fuel etc..etc..etc..

now that I have all things put in their place. When I generate a Balance
statement the bank file and its totals are doubling the amount for my
current assets. FOR EXAMPLE: if current assets is 50k then the account
category BANK FILE FOR 2011 is also 50k under current assets which makes it
a total of 100k. Which is false.

How do i get the bank statement account not to be included?

I hope thats clear?