Quickfill gripe - again!

John Layman john.layman at laymanandlayman.com
Fri Dec 16 09:53:13 EST 2011

I'm affected by the quirks of quick-fill as much as anyone, but haven't let
that turn into a pet peeve.  You can, in effect, turn quick-fill off on a
transaction by transaction basis simply by not tabbing out of the
description field.  Moving to the account or amount field using the mouse
doesn't strike me as any more onerous than having to toggle quick-fill using
some key convention.  I would agree that it might be well to provide an
option to turn it off altogether for users who simply can't cope.