How to represent share club holding

Lloyd lloyd.adams at virgin.net
Sat Dec 17 10:56:42 EST 2011

I belong to a share club, and would like to represent my holding in that club
within my personal accounts in gnucash. In essence, with a share club, you
have a number of units in the club.  Each month I make a contribution, and
each month the value of the unit, and so hence the value of my holding,  is
re-evaluated, depending upon what the markets have been doing, and what as a
club we have bought or sold.

So, I need to represent my assets in the club in units, and somehow be able
to place a value on a unit each month. Is this feasible?

Thanks

Lloyd