Problem with FinanceQuote install on OSX 10.6.8

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Dec 22 16:37:43 EST 2011

On Dec 22, 2011, at 12:04 PM, bunk3m wrote:

> Thank you, John.
>
> I deleted .cpan and re-ran FinanceQuote.  It looks like it worked.
>
> Could you tell me what this means?
>
>>> Warning (usually harmless): 'YAML' not installed, will not store
> persistent state
>
> I presume since I followed the defaults given, that I don't need this
> 'YAML' installed?
>
> Thanks again for your help.

HLMGTFY: http://search.cpan.org/~andk/CPAN-1.9800/lib/CPAN.pm

"This commands provides a statistical overview over recent download activities. The data for this is collected in the YAML file FTPstats.yml in your cpan_home directory. If no YAML module is configured or YAML not installed, no stats are provided."

Regards,
John Ralls