How to not let next year's advance invoice payment appear on this year's reports

Zhang_Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Tue Dec 27 23:47:34 EST 2011

于 2011年12月24日 10:17, Zhang_Weiwu 写道:
> I hope there is a way to exclude advance payment so that they do not
> appear as asset in reports. Since the payment is made, causing the
> invoice date read-only, is postdating the invoice using UPDATE SQL TABLE
> the only way? (If true, I'd rather prefer not doing it, and calculating
> his share separately after-the-report.)
Okay, after a few days I figured out a way to solve this.

 1. For all advance payments, Unpost the paid invoice.
 2. Post them again in 2012, 1st Jan.

Result:

 1. Financial report of 2011 does not count this invoice as asset.
 2. When I close the book at end of 2011, the advance-payment will be
    outstanding, meaning they are the income of 2012.
 3. The payment, recorded before end of 2011, is a transaction between
    account receivable and Checking account. This is still in year 2011,
    thus it effectively mean the remnant on the Checking account by end
    of 2011 is not necessarily all belongs to the asset of 2011, which
    is true.

An invoice paid before posted looks wired, but logically I can
understand it as what actually happened with advance payment...

Best regards
Zhang Weiwu