How do I deal with customer non-payment?

Zhang_Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Fri Dec 23 03:11:26 EST 2011

There are two customers

 1. One paid full amount, but I only received 95% because the bank took
    the rest as overseas transaction fee. So there is a difference on
    invoice sum and on "Payment Information - Amount" (of Process
    Payment dialogue). The 5% is clearly an expense.
 2. The other simply refused to pay and I decided to account it as a
    lose. The status is invoice posted but not paid.

So how do I do it? Whatever I do with it I always ends up getting report
wrong.

 1. I can simply make a transaction decreasing account-receivable and
    increasing Expenses:Bad Debt, but this doesn't change
    receivable-aging report. It's silly to see receivable-aging keeps
    reporting a lose that antedates by years.
 2. I can un-post both invoices but that way the financial lose is not
    reflected on Incoming/Expense report.
 3. I can un-post the first invoice and add a negative item to it to
    balance the 5% transaction fee, so that the sum agrees the income,
    and post it again. But I cannot do this to the second invoice as
    would result wrong Income/Expense report.

What do you suggest me to do? Thanks in advance!

--
Using GnuCASH 2.4.6 on Linux.