Unable to find file "slib/init/guile.init" in load path (Kubuntu 10.10)

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Feb 1 03:36:36 EST 2011

On Tuesday 01 February 2011, Paul Abrahams wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2011 11:33:06 am you wrote:
> > Do you actually have slib installed on your system ? Look for a package
> > like guile-slib or slib or whatever.
>
> Installing slib got Gnucash working again!!
>
> I wonder why this problem didn't show up when I first installed Gnucash
> 2.4.0. I also wonder whether there was a test in the configuration that
> would have discovered the problem if the problem had existed when I built
> Gnucash from the sources.

[ Please keep all replies on the list. You can do so for example by using the
reply to all button in your mail client. ]

There is indeed a test in the configuration to check for the availability of
slib. You can't build GnuCash if it's not there. So it seems slib got removed
after you built 2.4.0.

Geert