Cannot View Existing Vendors/Customers - Disappeared/Hidden?

Jane Stowe jane.stowe.boyd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 13:05:20 EST 2011

Hi there,

I have a question regarding viewing vendors/customers via the drop-down menu
Business/Customers/Find Customer.
I have several vendors & customers set up & payments/invoices have been
posted to them. I can see these vendors/customers entries via the accounts
payable or accounts receivable on th main accounts page. However today I
can't see any vendors/customers via the option Business/Customers/Find
Customer (they were all there yesterday). I have used various search options
like Company Name/Vendor ID etc but no joy. Also the Reports Aged Payable &
Aged Receivable are showing up blank. I tried looking at the .log & .xac
files. The last saved .xac file from yesterday is fine (i.e. I can find the
customers/vendors under the Business/Customer/Find Customer option). So I
then looked at the next saved .xac file (first one from today) & I can no
longer see the vendors/customers under the Business/Customer/Find Customer
option. I looked at the .log files from this morning but can only see a few
scheduled transactions that ran. Is there some option somewhere that 'hides'
the Vendors/Customers from view? & if so, how can I turn it back on? I
presume there's something that's just been switched on/off in error but I
just can't see it at the mo. I know I could use the .xac file from yesterday
& just re-enter today's transactions, but even still I'm curious now as to
how to get the customers/vendors showing up again. Any help greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jane.