See below .LCK file cannot be opened

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Feb 2 13:15:15 EST 2011

>This is a good idea.
>
>Why don't you edit the wiki?
>
>I would, but I am not a Windows user, and I am not clear on what characters/names are invalid to Gnucash under Windows.
>
>David

David, ever since a house fire five years ago I haven't had a 'nix
machine in the house and all of my 'nix books went bye bye too.

You seem to misunderstand the problem. It is not a Windows user who
knows what characters are illegal in 'nix names but a 'nix user (the
shared routine being used by gnucash assumes that it should be checking
for characters illegal in a ('nix) name -- in other words, that this
shared routine isn't going to be used by an application in another
environment).

To write this takes somebody familiar with the rules for what is illegal
in a 'nix file or directory name.

Michael