importing old GnuCash files

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 18:48:06 EST 2011

It's more likely that you had 2.0.5. That was the stable version out at the time; 2.1.x is an unstable version for development purposes, and you would have been advised against using this.

If it was version 2.0.5, I see that there was an issue with scheduled transactions and upgrades; the instructions in the list back then were to open the file in 2.0.x and remove your scheduled transactions, and then open in 2.2.9. From there, I'd just try opening the file in 2.4.0.

You can get 2.2.9 and 2.4.0 on sourceforge.net; older versions are apparently only available as tar.gz files at http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/, which would probably have to be built from scratch.

If you didn't have any scheduled transactions (if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you didn't), I would try opening the file with 2.2.9 and seeing what happens.

David