Lot Sales Calculation Errors

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 6 11:59:26 EST 2011

I have been using the "view lots" to calculate the FIFO gains/losses for
investment sales and find that I can no longer expect the calculations
to be valid.  I set up a dummy file to try to understand the problem and
found that if a correction is made in a sale, then the lot calculations
are invalid.  This is the case even if you delete all the gain/loss
transactions and the sale that was changed.  The only way to fix the
problem is to delete all sales of that security and start over with all
sales transactions.  Also at times when you open and close the view lots
a new gain/loss transaction is added to the register for some unknown
reason.  I haven't determined exactly what keystrokes causes this to
happen.  I am using version 2.4 on Windows XP.
I hope this can be fixed soon since calculation errors are the worst
problem because you don't know when it is happening.