GC 2.4 windows7 aqbanking issue

Charlie Morrison sail43 at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 8 21:57:57 EST 2011

I have the same problem on a Win 7 64 bit computer. I have another
computer running xp pro and the downloads from usaa (and others) work
fine.  I copied the aqbanking data from the xp computer to the win 7
computer to get the account settings and it downloaded one time and now
it just looks like it is connecting but quickly shows the "There are no
transactions to download" notice even if there are transactions that
have not yet been downloaded.  The notice comes up so quickly that it is
unlikely that it is connecting at all.  Tried it all again with gnucash
2.4.2 today with the same result. Not sure if this is a win 7
permissions problem or if it is an issue with aqbanking and win 7 64
bit.  Frustrating though, but at least I can download account info on
the xp computer.