remove specific split line

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 02:45:48 EST 2011

--- On Sat, 2/12/11, Robert Plantz <rgplantz at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Robert Plantz <rgplantz at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: remove specific split line
> To: "Jacob Wegelin" <jacobwegelin at fastmail.fm>
> Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 4:07 PM
> On 2/12/2011 3:05 PM, Jacob Wegelin
> wrote:
> >
> > Often when I enter a split transaction, I end up with
> an unwanted line with a value of zero. See attached screen
> shot.
> >
> > How do I remove that line without either (1) deleting
> the current transaction and re-entering the whole thing or
> (2) removing *all* splits in the transaction and re-entering
> all the splits?
> >
> > This is version 2.3.17, built from svn r19852M on
> 2010-11-21.
> >
> > I work on a MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.6.
> >
> > Thanks for any insights
> >
> > Jake
> >
> As I recall, I have simply deleted all information on the
> line (note that you still have an entry in what corresponds
> to the "Transfer" column). Then I close the split, and the
> next time I open it, the entry is gone.
>
> --Bob

Actually, if you click on the split in question, you can then click the Delete button, and the selected split (and only that split) is deleted. At least, that's how it's always worked for me.

It can be confusing that the Delete button changes its scope depending on where your cursor is. I'm not sure what could be done differently...

David