remove specific split line

jomali jomali3945 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 13:41:11 EST 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Jacob Wegelin <jacobwegelin at fastmail.fm>wrote:

> Often when I enter a split transaction, I end up with an unwanted line with
> a value of zero. See attached screen shot.
>
> How do I remove that line without either (1) deleting the current
> transaction and re-entering the whole thing or (2) removing *all* splits in
> the transaction and re-entering all the splits?

The only way I've found to create such a line is to hit the return key
between split entries. That creates an imbalance line, which is zeroed when
you enter the balancing split. The solution - don't hit return or enter
until you're ready to commit the transaction.

Also, pocket cash is an asset, not an expense.