Installing Finance::Quote

mongolie2006-gnu at yahoo.fr mongolie2006-gnu at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 15 03:58:37 EST 2011

Hello.

I run Ubuntu 10.10. If I run "perldoc Finance::Quote", I get a documentation. According to GnuCash help manual 5.4.2., " If you see the documentation, then the module is installed, if you do not see the documentation, then it has not been installed.".
But when I go to the price editor, select a share and click on "get quote", I get the very vague message "There was a system error while retrieving the price quotes.". So I launched gnc-fq-update, in case. I get the message: "No installed SSL libraries found in any of the following places.
    /local
    /local/ssl
    /opt/ssl
    /usr
    /usr/local
    /usr/local/ssl
    /usr/local/openssl "
Then to the question "Which SSL install path do you want to use?", I answered "/usr/lib/ssl" but got the message: "/usr/lib/ssl does not appear to be an SSL library installation, since the required header files were not found.". Does anyone know how to have the automatic quotation works on Ubuntu 10.10 ?