Split Transaction

falou zaynoun fzaynoun at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 07:52:08 EST 2011

i am sending money from my checking account where i work, to the my country. on receiving they deduct some fees. the account here is in $, the currency in my home country is in euro.
I want to use split, where the money goes from one account to 2 accounts with different currencies.
Say i have
Asset:A-Bank ($)
Asset:B-Bank(Euro)
Expenses:C(Euro)

I made a split and actually for some reason it doesn't work, whenever i click "Enetr" from toolbar, i get my register messed up, and "inbalanced $" account created for me. It is frustrating, this should be simple and straight forward. I am using GNUcash 2.4.0.

Can anyone clarify, is split with different currencies available ?

Thanks