Backing up

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 26 11:33:59 EST 2011

On 26 February 2011 11:28,  <cageda at bbox.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to configure GnuCash so that the *.xac files get stored
> to the "Documents" folder. That way the files would be automatically
> backed up to my external HD when I do a general backup of my
> documents.

The xac files are (as far as I know) saved in the same location as the
accounts file.  So probably you want to move your accounts file to
Documents.  You could do File > Save As to do this from within GnuCash
and then all new xac files will be stored wherever you Saved As the
accounts file, or you could just move the whole folder where your
accounts file and xac files are to a location under Documents, then
start GnuCash and use File > Open to open the accounts file from its
new location.  Then both your actual accounts file and the xac files
will be backed up.

Colin