Gnucash 2.4.0 (Windows)

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 16:02:49 EST 2011

That sounds like a useful solution. It would be helpful as well:

1) for Ian to explain precisely what he did for the benefit of other Windows users (where is this HOSTS file? what exactly did he have to change in said file? are there any special points to watch for? etc.),

and

2) for some of those Windows users who observed the problem to try it out and report back the success or failure of the solution,

Then, assuming that this does fix the problem,

3) the wiki and the Windows README should be updated with this information,

and

4) consideration by the Windows Gnucash developers about how this might be accounted for in the installation routine--either by inserting commands to modify the HOSTS file (which might well be problematic), or by clearly explaining to users in the installation process itself that they need to make this change themselves.

David