Gnucash 2.4.0 (Windows)

David Halverson hellvee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 17:01:40 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user-bounces at gnucash.org
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces at gnucash.org] On Behalf Of Colin Scott
Sent: Saturday, 1 January 2011 10:24 PM
To: iwaddox at gmail.com; janssens-geert at telenet.be
Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: Gnucash 2.4.0 (Windows)

> I've updated my HOSTS file on windows 7 so that localhost does equal
> 127.0.0.1

If that's the solution then I can live with it.  Thanks very much.  :-)

Colin

--

Colin and others,

I'm running Gnucash 2.4 (previously 2.2.9, 2.3.14, 2.3.17) all quite happily
on Win 7 Ultimate (64 bit) and have never had to mangle my hosts file.  It
is still the bog standard sample hosts file that was installed at system
installation - every entry is commented out so it's empty as far as dns
addresses go.  It's at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts if it helps and
the relevant part of it looks as follows.  Note especially the comment that
"localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself" - this is possibly
the Windows difference ?  So as for it being a hosts file issue, if you
haven't updated your host file, and your firewall software also hasn't
touched it I would have to disagree.

Cheers Dave.

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#	127.0.0.1       localhost
#	::1             localhost