Gnucash 2.4.0 (Windows)

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 18:53:46 EST 2011

I had updated my hosts file as I needed Localhost to be 127.0.0.1 for
another reason; it had nothing to do with running Gnucash 2.4

I'm wondering whether the localhost differences noticed by Dave is more to
do with the Windows version than anything else, does Ultimate operate DNS
etc differently to Home Premium? There is some useful stuff here
http://serverfault.com/questions/4689/windows-7-localhost-name-resolution-is
-handled-within-dns-itself-why

I know on my Windows 7 Home Premium machine localhost was not accessible
unless I changed the hosts file.

I guess the plot thickens and needs some testing against a proper plan, do
we have a volunteer?

Ian