Summary amounts in Customer Report and Receivable Aging Report use wrong dates

DonM dm413-gc at intielectronics.com
Sun Jan 2 08:27:48 EST 2011

The summary numbers in the Customer Report and the Receivable Aging Report seem wrong to me.

These reports list amounts in categories 0-30 days, 31-60 days, etc. But the numbers are calculated relative to the invoice date. Normally in such reports, the numbers are calculated relative to the *due* date, not the invoice date.

I would expect to have a summary box labeled "current", which contains the amount invoiced but that is not due yet (before the due date). Then the box labeled "0-30 days" would be amounts that are between 0 and 30 days past the due date. This is what Quickbooks does, for example, and also other accounting systems I have used. This is also what customers expect when they receive an overdue notice.

This becomes more significant if you don't invoice net-30. If you invoice net-15, for example, then some of the amount in the 0-30 days box is current, and some is overdue.

Searching the bugzilla list, it looks like this was reported 3 years ago in #502066, 2007-12-06. There is one comment from a developer, but no follow-up from the original reporter. Should I add a comment? Post a new bug? Or do people believe it is correct as is?

Thanks,

Don