No SQL backend for 2.4 in Linux?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Jan 10 09:45:40 EST 2011

On Monday 03 January 2011, John Ralls wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2011, at 6:44 PM, Elwood Hunt wrote:
> > David,
> >
> > I followed the instructions on the link below, including running these
> > two commands:
> >
> > sudo aptitude install libdbi0-dev libdbd-{sqlite3,pgsql,mysql}
> > ./configure [options as above] --enable-dbi
> >
> > I successfully compiled and installed, but when I do File / Open, the
> > Data Format options are file, mysql, and postgres.  Sqllite is not
> > listed.  Maybe I'm still missing some sqlite pieces.
>
> Sqlite3 databases are files. If you want to see the Sqlite3 option, open
> something else and then do File>Save As.

Or to be more explicit: in the File->Open dialog you use the data format
"file" for both xml or sqlite3. Just locate your sqlite3 saved file and open
it. GnuCash will determine internally whether you opened an xml or an sqlite3
data file.

As John already stated, only when you run Save As, you explicitely have to
tell GnuCash whether you wish to save in xml or sqlite3.

Geert