Installing Finance Quote

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jan 2 16:50:07 EST 2011

On Jan 1, 2011, at 6:21 PM, Jeanne Desilets wrote:

> I just installed the latest version of GnuCash for Mac OS X, and I'm having trouble getting Finance: Quote installed. Although the instructions say this:
>
> Mac OS X: If you have installed GnuCash from the installer found on the GnuCash home page, Finance::Quote is already installed for you.
>

> It says in the stock updater window that it isn't installed properly.  I followed the instructions to install it, and it didn't work.  command: gnc-fq-update only brought up a terminal window.
>
> Now can't get GNUcash to come up at all.  Could you please help?

First of all, where does it say that? It's wrong: There's an app in the dmg called "Update Finance Quote" which will run gnc-fq-update for you. You can run it from the dmg or you can copy it to the same folder that you put Gnucash in. It will open a terminal window, and will require that you answer a bunch of questions as it goes through. Just accept all of the defaults.

Please open /Applications/Utilities/Console, try to launch Gnucash, and then post any gnucash-related messages in the console log.

Regards,
John Ralls