Basic Accounting Concepts - what am I missing?

Robert Plantz rgplantz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 11:41:09 EST 2011

Michael,

Thank you VERY much for your explanation about not using subtraction.
You have answered many accounting puzzles I have encountered over the
years. For example, many years ago I had an argument with a contractor
doing a remodel for me. His billing charged me twice for a change I
requested. I, being an engineer, found the mathematical error. He, being
a business person, took an accounting 101 class at the local community
college the next semester.

I shall look for a good accounting 101 book.

--Bob