Travel Expense Advice...

Alan Anderson foilistforever at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 17:27:31 EST 2011

Yawar,

Thanks for the confirmation that I couldn't create a template and also for
the link to the documentation--I'm sure I breezed over that section thinking
I wouldn't use it. ;)  It's probably where I (subconsciously) got the idea
to use a separate account and simply make it balance.  You were correct in
assuming I have a single file for both my personal and business
expenses--someday I'll split myself up enough to justify having two separate
files ;)

I had considered duplicating the transaction, but since they were all
different payees with different amounts, it seemed like almost as much work
as just entering them.  I managed to get through all 100 or so transactions
fairly quickly--thanks to the auto-fill features of GnuCash.

Thanks also to David and Ian for their help and suggestions.  I will try to
monitor the debate on tags/categories as much as I can.

Al