Printed checks come out blank. gnucash 2.4.0 on Vista home premium

John gnw at nb.net
Mon Jan 3 23:36:22 EST 2011

I recently upgraded gnucash from 2.2.9 to 2.4.0 on a Vista Home Premium
(service pack 2) computer.  The gnucash help window reports that it was
built from svn r19971 on 2010-12-21.

Attempts to print a check result in a blank check (nothing printed on
the check at all).  The same result was obtained when using a custom
format that worked with Version 2.2.9, and with the pre-configured check
formats the gnucash 2.4.0 provides.

A custom report was printed with no problems.

I attempted to create a new 'custom' check as a test.  The check printed
and I saved the custom format.  However, after restarting gnucash the
'new' custom check format printed a blank check.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  What suggestions do you have
to help identify the cause of this behavior?