UI issue 2.4 on OS X - can't expand accounts

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Sat Jan 8 11:50:13 EST 2011

I've been using gnucash for a while on my linux box, but just today
installed 2.4.0 on my mac laptop runing Mac OS 10.6.5. I copied my data
file from the Linux box. Everything looks good, but there's a rather
serious UI issue - when I click the disclosure triangles to expand an
account to see its subaccounts, nothing happens. If another window has
focus, like the "since last run" SX window, then I can click the
triangles and they work, but once the accounts window has focus, they
stop working. It also seems if I switch to any other application, then
back to gnucash, I get one working click, then it stops again.

Sometimes, the toolbar becomes unresponsive to clicks as well. I haven't
determined exactly what I have to do to reproduce, but switch away and
back to gnucash seems to resolve it.

Has anyone seen this issue?