equity fund accounts

Anthony Dardis adardis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 09:35:26 EST 2011

There was a long-ish thread about doing this in December. The very short
version might go like this: no problem. Just create the various
sub-accounts under the account where the money "really" lives: you might
have a savings account that represents what the bank has, then
sub-accounts under that for the various designated purposes. When you
reconcile the main savings account, make sure to check "include
sub-accounts". (Also, if, on the main Accounts page, you right-click on
the name of the main account, one option is to "Open sub-accounts"; you
get a display of all the transactions for all the sub-accounts of the main
account.)

Hope that helps,
Tony