equity fund accounts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 22:21:28 EST 2011

Marilyn, I think you are using the term 'equity' for what are actually referred to as 'assets.' The income you receive (regardless of whether it is a special gift, regular wages, or money you find in the street) increase your assets. You record these increases in Asset accounts, and you can have as many Asset accounts as you want.

You may want to have separate Income accounts for the different types of income you have (e.g., Income:Special Gifts, Income:Wages, and Income:Street-Findings), so that you can track those sources. Then, you can have numerous Asset accounts to track where the income gets placed.

HTH,
David