Small Problem using Transaction Report

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 01:30:56 EST 2011

--- On Sun, 1/9/11, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

> From: Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net>
> Subject: Re: Small Problem using Transaction Report
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Cc: "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com>
> Date: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 11:55 PM
> On Monday 10 January 2011 05:50:51
> David T. wrote:
> > I am trying to use a simple transaction report on an
> account for
> > nondeductible interest (just to see how bad my
> lifestyle is...), and I ran
> > into something I think is odd. When I sort the report
> by Other Account
> > Name, I get nice summaries for transactions that are
> single split entries
> > (that is, a split for the expense account and one for
> the liability
> > account).
> >
> > But for those transactions that have additional splits
> (for example a loan
> > payment with principle AND interest in it), the report
> lumps them ALL
> > together under "Split Transaction"
> >
> > It seems as if the Other Account Name option is using
> the transaction-level
> > designation, rather than the split-level. This is not
> useful.
> >
> > Does anyone have a workaround or fix?
> >
> > TIA,
> > David
> >

> Hi David,
>
> Try this:
> Turn off "other Account Name" in the Display tab, but set
> General->Style
> to "Multiline"

That IS different, but not what I am looking for.

Currently, I can get:

Split Transaction
2010
Total For 2010	$Amount S
Total For Split Transaction	$Amount S
Credit Card A
2010
Total For 2010	$Amount A
Total for Credit Card A	$Amount A
Credit Card B
2010
Total For 2010	$Amount B
Total For Credit Card B	$Amount B

What I would like instead is:

Split Transactions for Car Loan A
2010
Total For 2010	$Amount S-1
Total For Split Transactions For Car Loan A	$Amount S-1
Split Transactions for Car Loan B
2010
Total For 2010	$Amount S-2
Total For Split Transactions For Car Loan B	$Amount S-2
Credit Card A
2010
Total For 2010	$Amount A
Total for Credit Card A	$Amount A