Uk Xbrl filing

Berni Elbourn berni at elbournb.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 03:31:15 EST 2011

John Ralls wrote:

> Don't get your hopes up about Gnucash supporting XBRL anytime soon
> unless you can round up someone to work up a patch. We have hundreds
> of enhancement requests and only a few active developers.

:-) Its ok I am a long term OpenSource type.

I have asked myself if I can and should work something up. It would be a
long learning curve for me. I fear I will probably create more work for
the already active and fabulous developers.

I remain miffed at Sage using Xrbl to close the door on Linux for its
APA database.  On first glance it looks like there are some tools to add
the xbrl tags to existing reports. Maybe while converting all those
Linux boxes I can have closer look and report back. ;-)

Looking about Xbrl is certainly the flavour of the month for Tax
collecting regimes ... it is bound to come up more and more. Australia
next? http://www.xbrl.org/au/

Berni