Upgrading from 2.2.9 to 2.4.0 on Snow Leopard.

David Bergum dib at red-sky.us
Sat Jan 15 06:59:18 EST 2011

Oops, yes the listserv ate the attachments.

I first get an offer from Gnucash-bin:

  The configuration data used to specify default values for
  GnuCash cannont be found in the default system locations.
  Without this data GnuCash will still operate properly but it
  May require some extra time to setup.  Do you wish to setup
  the configuration data?

I click setup, and there are several options to add search paths to gconf.paths, which
is already updated.  Regardless which path I take, I end up with gconftool-2 throwing
some kind of error:
  "Failed to execute child process
  "gconftool-2" (No such file or directory)

Didn't see any additional info in the syslog.

I am running from an administrative process.

Thanks,
Dave

On Jan 14, 2011, at 23:48, John Ralls wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2011, at 8:08 PM, David Bergum wrote:
>
>> After I upgraded to 2.4.0 on Mac OS, upon starting I get the  notification:
>>

>> I go through the setup with any number of options and always end up with the error similar to:
>>

>> Then GnuCash starts and seems to operate normally.  Any ideas on how to correct this?  I haven't found any thread dealing with this and haven't found anything in the FAQ.
>
> I imagine that you had attachments in there illustrating the notification and error, but the list server seems to have eaten them. Could you try again, perhaps with plain text?
>
> (On context, perhaps it's that you run from a not-administrator account. Try launching Gnucash from an account with administrator privs so that it can create a link in /Library to point to the application bundle.)
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

David Bergum				<dib at red-sky.us>
2415 Saint Pauls Square		218-206-2133 Skype
Raleigh, NC  27614			612-723-7135 cell