Upgrading from 2.2.9 to 2.4.0 on Snow Leopard.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jan 14 23:48:26 EST 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 8:08 PM, David Bergum wrote:

> After I upgraded to 2.4.0 on Mac OS, upon starting I get the  notification:
>

> I go through the setup with any number of options and always end up with the error similar to:
>

> Then GnuCash starts and seems to operate normally.  Any ideas on how to correct this?  I haven't found any thread dealing with this and haven't found anything in the FAQ.

I imagine that you had attachments in there illustrating the notification and error, but the list server seems to have eaten them. Could you try again, perhaps with plain text?

(On context, perhaps it's that you run from a not-administrator account. Try launching Gnucash from an account with administrator privs so that it can create a link in /Library to point to the application bundle.)

Regards,
John Ralls