Another one unhappy with quickfill

Robert Plantz rgplantz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 17:07:17 EST 2011

On 1/16/2011 10:41 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Sunday 16 January 2011, Paul Abrahams wrote:
>> Derek asked, "What is it about quickfill that you don't like?"  Well,
>> sometimes it will create a split transaction because I once had one but
>> don't want one any longer.  And filling in a  split when it really isn't
>> one is a lot of unnecessary work.  Even making the split go away is
>> unnecessary labor.
>>
>> I can understand the arguments for quickfill, but what I don't understand
>> is why it isn't optional, given that many people dislike it.  It shouldn't
>> be that difficult to do.
> Quite frankly, you're the second person I hear complaining about it. I have
> some difficulty calling that "many".
>
> As for making the quickfill feature optional (assuming for now that doing so
> is a good idea), that is likely not too difficult, but still someone has to do
> it...
>
> Geert
I'll increase the number of complaints by 50% by becoming the third
person. :-)

My only complaint is with quickfill creating a split when the last
transaction with the same name was a split.

Please note that this is a very minor annoyance to me. Won't make it
onto my list of top 100 complaints this year.

--Bob