Another one unhappy with quickfill

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Jan 16 17:55:39 EST 2011

Hi,

On Sun, January 16, 2011 5:34 pm, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 14:07:17 -0800
> Robert Plantz <rgplantz at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Quite frankly, you're the second person I hear complaining about it.
>>> I have some difficulty calling that "many".
>>I'll increase the number of complaints by 50% by becoming the third
>>person. :-)
>>
>>My only complaint is with quickfill creating a split when the last
>>transaction with the same name was a split.
>
> Make that 4. While I find it quite useful for non-split transactions, I
> find it a total nuisance when it happens to create a split when I don't
> want to create a split. Then it is a hassle getting rid of the split.

Why it is really that hard to Right Click -> Delete Transaction Splits ?

For the record, I find quickfill and autocomplete useful about 99.99% of
the time.  For that .01% that my last transaction was a split and the new
one isn't I'm happy to spend the extra 15 seconds to clear it out..  Much
better than having to re-create some of my complicated split transactions
every time!