Another one unhappy with quickfill

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 20:58:11 EST 2011

Geert--

Issues with Quickfill have come up numerous times over the years, in much the same way (see for example http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2009-September/031370.html)

As I said back then, I personally find Quickfill annoying in its implementation; if you import transactions from online sources and they are all DESCRIBED IN CAPITAL LETTERS, the user MUST TYPE IN THE ENTIRE STRING AGAIN, and then add a spurious character at the end to get their modification entered. That (as I noted in the earlier thread) is the opposite of quick entry. Anti-Quickfill, if you will.

I would love it if Gnucash's Quickfill had ways for users to work with the Quickfill settings, or have Quickfill ignore imported transactions when populating the Quickfill database.

I put up with Quirkfill (pun intended), but it sure would be nice if it could be improved. Of course, IANAP.

David