Another one unhappy with quickfill

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Mon Jan 17 11:01:58 EST 2011

On 1/17/2011 9:32 AM, Divakar Ramachandran wrote:

> I agree completely with this. Quickfill saves a lot of time and typing
> when entering a detailed split transaction such as a pay slip.

I never put a detailed split transaction on my pay slip. It's already
printed out on my pay slip, should I ever want to see it.

> It is indeed rare that I face the task of having a split when I do not need
> one.

I use splits a lot, usually when entering in purchases, whether by cash
or by credit card, since I rarely ever buy just one item that's in one
expenses account at a single purchase, then make another individual
purchase, just so I can avoid making split transaction entries in GNUCash.

So, what's usual for some, is rare for others. So a choice for the
behavior would be a good thing, I think.