aqbanking wizard failing to match online account with gnucash account (non html version)

Donald Coleman don at coleman.org
Mon Jan 17 08:02:02 EST 2011

(sorry, I was sending an html formatted message, which had all contents
deleted, and this now is also not digitally signed)

The online banking options are grayed out for an account after I have
matched it with an aqbanking account.  This is my first and only account
in aqbanking.

System : Snow Leopard, macports, gnucash 2.4.0 built from r19974M on
2011-01-16, aqbanking 4.2.4

 From gnucash, I run "Tools/Online Banking Setup", click on "Start
AqBanking Wizard", and successfully create an aqbanking user, "Get
Accounts" succeeds, and the aqbanking account is created... I click on
apply, forward, etc. and end up at the "Match Online Banking accounts
with GnuCash accounts" window.

It shows an account "XXXXXXXX at etrade.com (code (null))" for Online
Banking Account Name.
I then  select the account I want it match to ... in this case an
E*Trade brokerage account, click on Forward and then Apply.

After all that, when I go into the account I matched it with, all the
menu items under "Actions/Online Actions" are grayed out.

Note that in the distant past I had online banking working with this
account, but at some point (more then a year ago) my aqbanking
configuration in gnucash disappeared after an upgrade -- and I now
notice my .aqbanking directory contains both a settings.conf file
(modification date from 2009) and a settings directory.

Below I've added the block of data in the accounts file for this account.

Any suggestions/ideas/help?

Thanks,
Don
------

<gnc:account version="2.0.0">
<act:name>E*Trade Brokerage</act:name>
<act:id type="guid">8b1ef64e5a96e434ffd9320d05e118b6</act:id>
<act:type>BANK</act:type>
<act:commodity>
<cmdty:space>ISO4217</cmdty:space>
<cmdty:id>USD</cmdty:id>
</act:commodity>
<act:commodity-scu>100</act:commodity-scu>
<act:code>XXXX-XXXX</act:code>
<act:description>Brokerage</act:description>
<act:slots>
<slot>
<slot:key>color</slot:key>
<slot:value type="string">Not Set</slot:value>
</slot>
<slot>
<slot:key>online_id</slot:key>
<slot:value type="string">etrade.com XXXX-XXXX</slot:value>
</slot>
<slot>
<slot:key>last-num</slot:key>
<slot:value type="string">1008</slot:value>
</slot>
<slot>
<slot:key>hbci</slot:key>
<slot:value type="frame">
<slot>
<slot:key>account-uid</slot:key>
<slot:value type="integer">5</slot:value>
</slot>
<slot>
<slot:key>account-id</slot:key>
<slot:value type="string">XXXXXXXX</slot:value>
</slot>
<slot>
<slot:key>trans-retrieval</slot:key>
<slot:value type="timespec">
<ts:date>2009-05-25 00:00:00 +0200</ts:date>
</slot:value>
</slot>
</slot:value>
</slot>