OFX Transaction Matching [Was: Re: Another one unhappy with quickfill]

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Mon Jan 17 12:23:47 EST 2011

Thanks for the suggestions -- reports of any other annoyances would be
most welcome before I dive into the code in a few weeks.

One of the things that I am considering is improving the UI and code so
that potential matches are shown and can be selected.

I often have similar transactions for the same payee that are matched to
the same journal transaction. With parking meters taking credit cards
now in San Francisco, this is going to be even more of an issue.

Another problem is the "auto-match" matching something that isn't even
close to what it should be. I have a suspicion that some of it is that a
match on "Account unknown Bank unknown" is treated as a "positive match"
even though it is pretty meaningless.

Jeff