Another one unhappy with quickfill

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Mon Jan 17 11:28:29 EST 2011

On 1/17/2011 11:04 AM, Jeff Kletsky wrote:
> I would put it at a level of "strong annoyance" -- it's on my "short
> list" but lower than:
>
> * getting budget-tracking reports available from outside GNUCash
> * making OFX transaction matcher to match (or not, depending on your
> perspective) reliably

I'm with you on that one.The matcher consistently fails to match certain
recurring transactions, and just as consistently, properly matches other
recurring transactions. For example, every imported transaction that
occurs from CVS (a drugstore company) always matches, and every imported
transaction from Acme (a grocery) always fails. Even tho I always assign
the Acme transactions to a specific account, the matcher never remembers
that account and uses it the next time.

I'd love to be able to throw out all matching rules, and tell it to
start learning all over again ..

> * getting OFX not to fill in "Account Unknown" or whatever in just about
> every transaction

My OFX import fills in the account for certain transactions. (see above)