Upgrading from 2.2.9 to 2.4.0 on Snow Leopard.

David Bergum dib at red-sky.us
Wed Jan 19 22:59:18 EST 2011

On Jan 19, 2011, at 20:41, John Ralls wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2011, at 7:21 AM, David Bergum wrote:
>
>> John, might there be some kind of conflict with gconftool-2 installed by Fink in /sw/bin?  That is what my search paths find.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> On Jan 15, 2011, at 6:59, David Bergum wrote:
>>
>>> Oops, yes the listserv ate the attachments.
>>>
>>> I first get an offer from Gnucash-bin:
>>>
>>> The configuration data used to specify default values for
>>> GnuCash cannont be found in the default system locations.
>>> Without this data GnuCash will still operate properly but it
>>> May require some extra time to setup.  Do you wish to setup
>>> the configuration data?
>>>
>>> I click setup, and there are several options to add search paths to gconf.paths, which
>>> is already updated.  Regardless which path I take, I end up with gconftool-2 throwing
>>> some kind of error:
>>> "Failed to execute child process
>>> "gconftool-2" (No such file or directory)
>>>
>>> Didn't see any additional info in the syslog.
>>>
>>> I am running from an administrative process.
>
> I wouldn't have thought so, but if gconftool is getting invoked it isn't from the Gnucash bundle. Do you have a ~/.MacOS/environment.plist that adds /sw/bin to $PATH?

No, I don't have any ~/.MacOS directory.  The one in /sw/bin is the one found in terminal tcsh.  I didn't think about the env being different in Aqua.

I didn't find any other gconftool-2 in my system.

I haven't found any access issues.

Dave

David Bergum				<dib at red-sky.us>
2415 Saint Pauls Square		218-206-2133 Skype
Raleigh, NC  27614			612-723-7135 cell