Upgrading from 2.2.9 to 2.4.0 on Snow Leopard.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jan 20 00:22:45 EST 2011

On Jan 19, 2011, at 7:59 PM, David Bergum wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2011, at 20:41, John Ralls wrote:
>

>> On Jan 19, 2011, at 7:21 AM, David Bergum wrote:
>>
>>> John, might there be some kind of conflict with gconftool-2 installed by Fink in /sw/bin?  That is what my search paths find.
>>>
>>> Dave

>> I wouldn't have thought so, but if gconftool is getting invoked it isn't from the Gnucash bundle. Do you have a ~/.MacOS/environment.plist that adds /sw/bin to $PATH?
>
> No, I don't have any ~/.MacOS directory.  The one in /sw/bin is the one found in terminal tcsh.  I didn't think about the env being different in Aqua.
>
> I didn't find any other gconftool-2 in my system.
>
> I haven't found any access issues.

Hmm. Something's strange, then, because programs launched from Finder (which includes launching from the Dock) don't get the environment from your shell, so Gnucash shouldn't be able to find /sw/bin/gconftool-2.

I guess a more important issue for you is why Gconf isn't starting up correctly. Did you run the "Update Dirs" applet in the dmg? Is dbus getting started? Ooh, there's one: Is there a dbus-daemon or gconfd instance from Fink running? That might cause trouble.

Regards,
John Ralls