Transferring info to new computer

Emil ehspayne at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 01:09:09 EST 2011

I set up and ran Gnucash for a few months on my old Ubuntu 10.04
machine.  I got a new computer and put Ubuntu 10.10 on it.  I am trying
to transfer all the info over to the new machine but can't figure out
how to.  As a minimum I'd like to transfer the chart of accounts and the
budget.  I transferred over the default directory I set up
(/home/user/Documents/Finance/Gnucash) and I also placed the old
.gnucash folder in my home/user folder.  I can't figure out a way to
export from the one program and import to the other one.  Am I missing
something simple or is it more complicated?