Upgrading from 2.2.9 to 2.4.0 on Snow Leopard.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jan 20 14:05:18 EST 2011

On Jan 20, 2011, at 10:24 AM, David Bergum wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2011, at 12:10, John Ralls wrote:
>
>> A couple of things to try:
>> * killall dbus-daemon, then check to see if the Fink ones stay killed (if Fink adds it to launchd, then it will get restarted). If they do, try launching Gnucash
>
> I tried killall and the dbus-daemon processes from Fink restarted, so they must be in launchd.
>

>> * Comment out the section of Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOSX/Gnucash that start up dbus, and launch Gnucash. The idea here is that it might work if there's only one session dbus-daemon.
>
> I commented out the entire region dealing with dbus and uppon starting GnuCash I got the error:
>
> 	"An error occurred while loading or saving
> 	configuration information for Gnucash-bin. Some
> 	of your configuration settings may not work
> 	porperly."
>
> I quit out.
>
>> * creating a new user and launching Gnucash from that userid; that should isolate Gnucash from Fink .
>>

> I get the same error in a new admin account with default Mac env, so it looks like the Fink dbus daemons are a problem?
>
> I'm trying to find where dbus is started, but am not finding a plist for it anywhere.

Um, just to be sure, did you undo your changes to Gnucash before trying it in the new userid? If you did, that it failed when launched from the newuser account indicates that Fink *isn't* at fault.

Googling suggests that the launchd plist is in /sw/share/dbus/launchd.

Is there a gconfd running? If so, it pointed at Fink?

Regards,
John Ralls