aqbanking/OFXDirectConnect info

Paul Abrahams abrahams at acm.org
Sun Jan 23 18:08:44 EST 2011

I'm having some trouble in getting online banking to work for some sites
(American Express credit cards in particular).  There's a wiki section on
"Setting up OFXDirectConnect in GnuCash2" which I've looked at closely, but it
doesn't explain a number of the fields that need to be filled in, and the author
admits that he doesn't know what they mean.  Apparently miuch of aqbanking was
written for German financial institutions and then adapted to the OFX system
used in the USA, since a number of fields have German defaults.

So my question is this: is there a good source of information on aqbanking
beyond this wiki, something that will explain all the fields that need to be
filled in for the User and Account forms?